First impressions are important, and greeters provide that welcoming first impression for guests. On top of that friendly greeting, greeters may also be responsible for ensuring that the area around the door stays presentable. They may clean up any clutter around the door or have small side duties such as washing windows or organizing wait lines. Greeter must have excellent customer service skills and assist directing the customers to the wait area, restroom, etc.
- Greet all customers pleasantly and with courtesy
- Provide visitors with all directions and provide all information regarding tour times, waiting areas, etc
- Maintain and perform all housekeeping duties and ensure optimal standard for same and adhere to all control procedures and security policies.
- Maintain neat and clean work area at all times.
- Provide optimal level of customer services and maintain professionalism to resolve all customer.
- Maintain an organized waiting line by tour time and standby
- Work closely with fee booth and Coordinator to ensure tickets are sold in timely fashion
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED; some experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- CPR/1stAide Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of customer service and service recovery principles and/or procedures;
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to foster teamwork and foster a cooperative work environment
- Ability to multi-task
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.