Oversees and coordinates day to day operations of stockroom inventory. Utilizes Cost-control procedures and to prevent loss through contamination, expiration and other issues related to food handling. The successful candidate will be familiar with the food industries and will have exceptional math and observational skills. A polished professional who takes his or her work seriously and values meticulous accuracy in every endeavor.
- Conduct inventory processes to ensure accuracy and timely execution
- Schedule categories for inventory and maintain strict records
- Oversee and evaluate stock rotation procedures
- Maintain adequate storage for warehouse and on-site inventory
- Maintain and evaluate inventory records on a quarterly basis
- Train store staff in product dating and create procedures to eliminate loss
- Create an efficient space utilization plan
- Notify management of shortages or other problems that could impact product availability
- Instruct store staff on proper procedures for locating and utilizing product inventory
- Check bulk orders for accuracy and quality prior to shipment
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1+ years’ experience in inventory management or related field
- CPR/1stAide Certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent math and accounting skills
- Ability to tolerate short periods of exposure to freezer temperatures
- Excellent organizational and time-management skill
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/warehouse work environment.